Saturday, October 5, 2013

World Card Making Day #4...

This by far is my favorite one today...

To celebrate Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I made this card using the CTMH Cricut Artbooking Collection and the NEW Party Washi Tape (polka dot) as well as the NEW Sparkle & Shine Silver Washi Tape (both available October 15th).

---------------------------
I cut the image sized at 2-1/4 on a 4" x 5-1/4" White Daisy card front.  I pop-dotted the piece on a standard size card base for dimension...

-----------------------------------
Here's a close-up of the top left corner and the left side which I added Sparkle & Shine Silver Washi tape to...I used the Washi cut in dove tails wrapped around and adhered to the back of the card and I cut a piece of Black Shimmer Trim to a length that would wrap around and cut it down to 1/4" instead of 3/8"...it was super EASY to do with my trimmer. 
  • Cut Black Glimmer Trim to desired length
  • Since it's self-adhesive, peel back about 1/4" from each end
  • Adhere to your trimmer right over the blade track - this is where you will want to make sure that one edge is at the desired width you're wanting to cut it down to.
  • Close your trimmer track guard
  • And cut...
  • Don't forget to save the other piece too for something else...like the inside!
----------------------------------------
Here's a side view where you can see a peek at the inside of the card using more washi and the thin 1/8" strip I cut from the Glitter Trim.
---------------------------
Here's another view of the inside...I left the card blank so you can write whatever you want.
----------------------------------
Here's a look at the key I used...



1 comment:

  1. Katy -

    Beautiful card! Definitely going into my copy file and I love the trimmed black shimmer tape!

    Paige

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing some {{{love}}}....