Monday, October 14, 2013

You better shape up....

...'cause I need a man...and my heart is set on YOU!

Oh...sorry, I was taken back to when I was 7 and I used to sing this song into my microphone hairbrush while dreaming that John Travolta was about to pick me up in his Thunderbird....lol

Really though, this week over at H2H we are challenging you to make a card using any shape except a square or a rectangle.

I have two cards to share...both made using the CTMH Artbooking Collection!

---------------------------
How FUN do these cards look!?!?!?!

Let me show you some close-ups of both! Starting with the "spooky house"....I'm usually all about hiding that little white core that shows through sometimes after cutting with CTMH cardstock but not this time...I let it shine through on my little 4-layer fence...it adds to the spookiness (I think).  And...on to my 4-layer fence...adhere all your cardstock/B&T pieces together BEFORE you cut...use the multi-cut feature on your Cricut...makes it MUCH EASIER than trying to adhere all those tiny pieces later!

---------------------------------------
See my glitter bat cut from the Black Glitter Paper....LOVE that stuff!!!  I also left the Laughing Lola fence all tattered and torn to add to the "spooky" ambiance.  It was cut so small that all the intricate details were hard for my Cricut to cut...

-----------------------------
How is this a card, you ask....well, just take a look!  I just cut off the top of the "spooky house" to make a pull-out.

--------------------------------
Here's the back-side to the pull-out...

----------------------------
Here's a close-up of the "pocket" it fits down into...I made the pocket by cutting 2 of the same image (the spooky house) then I adhered some Surf's Up B&T behind the windows (if you were doing this in CCR, you could hide contour all the windows and then cut 2 of the Surf's Up B&T "spooky houses" then stack all 4 layers on top of each other...remember to leave a pocket when adhering together!

--------------------------------
here's the back side to my house...looks exactly the same as the front except the fence...

-----------------------------------
Now on to my pumpkin!  You can get this AWESOME retired paper packet on my website in the "while supplies last" section for only $2.50!!!  But you better hurry before they're all gone!  Too late!!!

 -------------------------------
Here's a close-up...same concept here...I cut 2 pumpkins...one has the "face" and the back side is just a plain 'ol pumpkin.
------------------------------
For the insert, I just sized my plain 'ol pumpkin that I used for the back a little smaller that way it would slip in and out easily
----------------------------
I cut the same image and size out of White Daisy Cardstock so I could write my sweet little note on this side...
----------------------------
We would LOVE to see what your cards "shape" up to be this month...you have 'till the end of the month to link up your cards!

I'm already working on an ornament pull-out card and a snowman so check back to see how it's done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing some {{{love}}}....