Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Scaredy Cat Banner & Layout - DTC #84...

Welcome to my first post as a Design Team member of the Decorate to Celebrate Blog.

The DTC Blog is: 

A challenge blog dedicated to showing off your decorations for every celebration.

So, since Halloween is fast approaching, I've decided to make a banner that can be displayed for a Halloween party at your house or even a child's classroom (if your school has parties to celebrate Halloween).  I will also show how you dismantle this beauty and use on your scrapbook layouts of the event(s).

----------------------------------------------------------
Cut you a bunch of varying widths and lengths of B&T (mine vary from 1-1/2" to 2" wide and right at 2-3" when folded over...the paper I'm using here is Scaredy Cat from CTMH.
-------------------------------------------------
Next....cut the strips in different patterns  - dovetail, scallop, etc.

---------------------------------------------
Here are some close-ups of the actual pennants...I used baker's twine to thread the pennants and my sewing machine to keep them stationary...you can decorate each pennant using stamps, embellishments, chipboard, etc.  I used Scaredy Cat Complements...and sometimes the B&T paper served as enough of an embellishment...like the pennant on the right "Smell my feet.  Give me something good to eat!"...perfect!!!



----------------------------------------------------
The haunted house is actually a pattern on the B&T so I didn't have to do a think for this pennant.  If you notice, I did not worry about which pennants would be facing forward (in case you were to hang it where it goes back and forth as I did) but I kinda like the messiness of the backside of my stitching.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Use mini-staples from the Mini-Stapler to create a SUPER QUICK decoration!  The bats come from a zip-strip off of one of the B&T pieces.


This project, literally, took me all of about 45 minutes and that was with cutting all the pieces, threading the baker's twine, sewing and decorating the pennants.  SUPER easy project to use to decorate your next party!
----------------------------------------------------
And now, here is the layout I used the dismantled banner to embellish...

-------------------------------------------------------
Here are some close-ups of the pennants and some closer details...




Don't forget to check out the other DT Members and their projects at the DTC Blog!  And don't forget to play along with us - it's anything goes...you can find the rules {{{here}}}!

6 comments:

  1. Wow Katy! I love your adorable holloween banner! Very awesome!! I am so happy to be on the design team with you! Have a wonderful day! Your Friend, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so super love it thank you for joining the design team with your amazing talent. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful banner and great photos. I'm happy you are a part of the DTC design team!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW! Katy, this is a fun and festive Halloween banner for a class for sure. Fabulous great project for Decorate to Celebrate! We are thrilled to have you and excited to see more of your upcoming projects!! TFS
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katy, your banner is FABULOUS!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE every little detail and your papers are amazing!!! Awesome job for your first DT post! I am so excited to be creating alongside you on the team!

    Have a wonderful day!

    Emily
    Mollie's Motif

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet. I love it.
    I love the colors super duper cute banner!! Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing some {{{love}}}....