Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Magical Day...

Did you see my post yesterday about hand-writing on your scrapbook pages??? 

Well, I sat down to finish this layout I started this weekend and KNEW I had to add some journalling...handwritten...and what better way to ease into the practice than to HIDE it (which I'm know to do VERY OFTEN, whether it's typed, stamped or handwritten - that way, I can add personal touches that not everyone needs to see!).

I started with a blank sheet of WaterColor Paper and CTMH Watercolors...



And...here's a look at my watercolor layout using the Make Waves Scrapbooking stamp set, and some gems from the Make Waves Sequins & Gems...

-----------------------------------------
Here's a closeup of the stamping I did as well as the stitching around the layout. By watercoloring the entire 12x12 sheet of cardstock, it left it a little warped. I started by adhering the watercolor paper (after it was painted) to a regular sheet of White Daisy Cardstock...making sure my adhesive was away from the edges...and then ran through my sewing machine with a simple stitch.
-----------------------------------------
Here's a peek at my hidden journalling - it tucks behind my photo and by using some ribbon from the Adventure Ribbon Pack and some Blue Burlap Ribbon cut to resemble waves, it lets the reader know that there's an interactive part to this layout...

Thanks for stopping by!!!

And, as always...I hope I've inspired you to make your own layout...and this time HAND-WRITE your journalling instead of typing it!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful LO! Loving that back ground paper! Cute pictures and placement of them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing some {{{love}}}....